Conversation Sherpas – Helping Groups Scale New Heights.
Catapult understands the importance of facilitating productive conversations. That’s why we bring together our expertise in process design, co-design approaches, and engaging facilitation. Our approaches create a safe, inclusive, and collaborative environment for groups to thrive. Our engaging facilitation ensures your group remains focused and motivated throughout the facilitation process.
We appreciate that every group and situation is unique, which is why we tailor our approach to meet your specific needs.
We facilitate a wide range of conversations, including:
- Strategic planning
- Sector and systems change
- Leadership forums
- Senior leadership teams
- Team development
Our facilitation has helped groups achieve their long-term goals, including:
- The Ministry of Defence to refresh its purpose, vision, and strategy. The result was a strategy that stakeholders and all staff contributed to, resulting in high ownership and increased likelihood of implementation.
- The Construction Sector to create a roadmap to transform its environmental impacts.
- A climate change and biodiversity hui on how to make progress on these twin challenges.
- Business NZ’s board and leadership team to develop its purpose, vision, values, and strategy and develop the leadership team. The new strategic approach has enabled the organisation to achieve some big wins that have positively impacted Government policies. Staff are focused on impact rather than activity, and there’s a fresh outlook across the organisation about what it stands for and can achieve.
- An MPI sponsored hui with leaders across the farming system to scale up and embed biodiversity solutions into farming.
- The Department of Conservation to create a strategy for utilising nature- based solutions to create resilience to climate change induced severe weather events.
- Healthy Families NZto facilitate systems change and lift leadership capability, resulting in significant public health improvements in the places people live, learn, work and play.
- PHARMACto develop strategic leadership capabilities and refresh PHARMAC’s values using a te ao Māori approach in collaboration with a Māori adviser. The results include an increase in strategic leadership capability, and high staff ownership and connection to the organisation’s vision, strategy, and values.
- Konoto support people leaders to lead a business transformation. The result was uniting the business around common principles, strategies and purpose.
- Fujitsu General NZto create vision, values, strategies, and a culture change programme. Results include staff embracing the new values, a significant lift in engagement and customer satisfaction, and re-establishing Fujitsu’s profitability and position as market leader.
What People Say
“Catapult helped us completely rethink our strategy and the way we need to operate as a team to be successful. They didn’t tell us what to do, but skilfully guided us through some complex issues that we have been able to resolve for ourselves and create simple, workable plans” Kirk Hope, CEO, Business NZ
“The outcome was fantastic. A heartfelt thanks from all of us. We really appreciated your preparation, your understanding and your leadership throughout the day. We achieved an extraordinary level of alignment across our Board and leadership team, and we are all very excited about the next three years of our journey.” Maretha Smit, CEDO, Diversity Works NZ
“With Catapult’s help we have clarified our purpose and our key strategic goals. We are now much more aligned and focused on what it will take to achieve our potential and make an impact for the benefit of New Zealanders”. Brent Alderton, CEO, Commerce Commission
“Catapult very quickly tuned in to what our organisation was about and where we needed to go – strategically and in terms of our culture. Their facilitation of the senior leadership team discussions was outstanding.” Celia Wellington, GM, People and Communications, ESR
“Catapult guided us through a challenging strategy development process which brought all the stakeholders on the journey, leveraged their various expertise, and surfaced any tensions in a proactive and productive way. Catapult facilitated the sessions with humour, respect and authenticity. Nina Ive, Acting Deputy Chief Executive, TEC
“In one day we mapped our direction and tackled all the big issues. I didn’t think we would make that type of progress. I was delighted.” Mervyn Singham, Director, Office of Ethnic Affairs
“Their experience in strategic, commercial and leadership concepts enables them to get to the heart of things quickly.” Steve Ferguson, GM Strategy and Transformation, Kiwibank
“Really focused thinking. The team is aligned on priorities and how to make the difference we want to make.” David Press Manager, Performance Audit Group, Office of the Auditor General
Just a Few of the Organisations that have used Catapult facilitation services
Healthy Families NZ
Auckland Regional Public Health Service
Ministry for the Environment
Ministry of Justice
Ministry of Economic Development
Ministry of Education
Venture Taranaki Trust
Office of Treaty Settlements
The Open Polytechnic
Work and Income
Department of Corrections
Ministry of Social Development
Ministry of Defence
Diversity Works NZ
Black Diamond Technology
Sustainable Business Council
Thrifty car rentals
Institute of Directors
Fujitsu General NZ Ltd
Not For Profit
Presbyterian Support Services
Independent Living Services
Masonic Villages Trust
Manawanui In Charge