The Open Polytechnic is a unique academic institution, having no physical classrooms or face-to-face tuition. The organisation has a long and successful history, but changes in Government tertiary education policy and funding criteria ‘shifted the goalposts’ for the Open Polytechnic, and it was clear to the leadership that its traditional model was no longer fit for purpose. However, transitioning to a new model proved to be a major leadership challenge as resistance to change became clear from tenured staff with strong union representation. Transformation would not be easy.
Catapult worked with the leadership team delivering a programme of workshops specifically focusing on:
- Understanding each others’ leadership strengths and weaknesses
- Developing a shared strategic mindset and simplifying strategy
- Identifying the nature of the culture change that would see academic and support staff becoming more student-centred.
- Becoming more unified and collaborative as a team
- Managing crises in a rapid but deliberative manner
- Developing innovative new products and services to future-proof the business
Catapult also provided professional coaching and support to the CEO.
Get help getting to the big decisions
When it comes to facilitation, we’re conversation sherpas—providing planning and guidance around the discussion of complex issues.