Catapult takes sustainability seriously. We have been a member of the Sustainable Business Council (SBC) since 2014. SBC’s purpose is to mobilise New Zealand’s most ambitious businesses to build a thriving and sustainable future for all.
Catapult has a small carbon footprint. Our biggest contribution to carbon emissions is air travel. We implemented a carbon offset policy in 2016 requiring all Catapult travel to be carbon offset. We have 100% compliance.
Catapult consultants all work from home offices. This allows us to reduce carbon emissions from commuting.
Where Catapult has, and will continue to make its major contribution as an SBC member, is with our leadership development programmes and strategy facilitation integrating sustainability.
In 2020 we:
- Upskilled our team’s ability to run workshops and meetings using technology primarily Zoom meetings. This has allowed us to further reduce carbon emissions from travel to client meetings.
- Moved from print production of workbooks to distributing editable pdfs for the Sustainability Leadership Programme.
- Again provided four scholarships to not for profit participants on our residential leadership programme, Catapult Leadership. These scholarships are for community leaders making a demonstrative social or economic difference to their communities. The four scholarships, each worth $5,400, cover all costs for the recipients to attend Catapult’s three-day residential leadership programme held quarterly at Brackenridge Lodge in Martinborough. The value of these scholarships represent a significant financial contribution based on our overall revenue.
- Developed 34 sustainability leaders in the Sustainability Leadership Programme.
- Switched the power supplier for the home of the two Managing Directors to fully renewable.
In 2021 we:
- Developed 43 sustainability leaders in the Sustainability Leadership Programme.
- Developed 36 public health leaders in the Public Health Leadership Programme.
- Began working with The Salvation Army to support its people leaders to achieve mission impact.
- Installed solar panels on the home of the two Managing Directors.
- Replaced a company owned petrol vehicle with a fully electric vehicle.
In 2022 we:
Became a certified B-corp. B-corp certification measures a company’s entire social and environmental impact. We’re delighted to join this global movement for an inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economy.
Gender Pay Gap:
- Catapult has a 0% gender, Māori, and Pacific peoples’ pay gap.